From its humble beginnings in 2013, ES Camp has grown to become North America’s premiere camping experience. The camp equips participants with the global network of Sangat, the powerful bonds of friendship, and the inspiration that will allow them to enact long lasting change in their hometowns. It provides a rare opportunity to Experience Sikhi in its many beautiful forms and attracts those that are curious and eager to learn from across the globe.
Join Bhai Supreet Singh and several of the others as they attend and enjoy Experience Sikhi Camp 2023. Come along with us as we vlog our travels to the camp, our time at the camp and answer your questions!
ES Camp (formerly known as SYF Camp) costs $299. The fee helps to partially pay for accommodation for 5 days at one of Ontario’s best campsites, three delicious meals a day plus snacks, transportation to and from the campsite, camp t-shirt and other goodies, and all the learning materials you’ll need to participate in the workshops and activities. Your camper fees also go toward preparing Guru Ji’s Takhat, the Divaan Hall, Sachkhand and bringing down amazing Gursikhs from around the world to facilitate the ES Camp experience.
No drop-ins are allowed at ES Camp. Anyone that comes to ES Camp without paying the camper fee will be asked to leave immediately. If you decide to stay, you will be asked to pay the full $300 fee. Whether you’re staying for an hour or for the full 5 days – the $300 fee applies to everyone. This ensures fairness for the campers who are joining us for the full camp experience and prevents individuals from “just dropping in” for the part of camp they’re curious about/interested in.
There are no refunds for ES Camp. If you have already registered and can no longer attend, you may give your spot to a friend, sibling, or other relative. If you decide to give your spot to someone please remember to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ES Camp is open to anyone over the age of 14. Our youngest campers are 14 and our oldest campers have been in their 90s – there’s something for everyone at Canada’s Premiere Sikhi Camp.
- Pillow, blanket, and bed covering (or just bring a sleeping bag to lay on top of the bed)
- Minimum 5 days worth of clothing (best to bring extra). You will probably want to change more than once a day – especially after the physical or water activities
- Toiletries (tooth paste, toothbrush, soap, etc.)
- Indoor and outdoor shoes. For example, shoes you don’t mind getting dirty or playing sports with and a pair of indoor shoes/slippers you can relax in while inside.
- Head covering for Divaan
- Water bottle
- Cash or card if you want to buy anything at the ES Shop
- Bug/Mosquito Spray
- Sun cream
- Gutka (in case you want to use your own).
- Musical instruments (if you want to use your own)
- Portable mirror so can take as much time as you want to tie your Dastaar. We encourage this if you have one.
- Phone/Phone charger. However, it would be great if we could escape from this stuff for a couple of days. We strongly encourage you leave this at home (the signal sucks out there anyways)
Campers will be taken to ES Camp via broomsticks, magic carpets, and horseback. Just kidding! We’ll all get to camp via buses. The pickup location will be revealed to campers in an email sent 2 weeks before the beginning of camp. In previous years, the pickup and drop-off location has been a Gurdwara in Brampton, Ontario.
We’d be happy to pick you up from the airport as long as you arrive before camp starts. If you need to be picked up, please strive to book your arrival at Toronto’s Pearson International Airport for the day before camp. Depending on what you choose, we’ll either take you to a Singh or Singhni’s house to rest or take you straight to the campsite to help us with setup. Don’t forget to email us your ticket so we know when you’re arriving (email@example.com).
If you are arriving in Ontario after camp has started, you will be required to arrange your own transportation to the campsite.
Yes, of course! You will receive an email 2 weeks before camp in which you will be asked to respond with 1 fellow camper you wish to room with. Roommates must be of the same gender.
A waitlist will start as soon as camp sells out. To join the waitlist, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.